We’re here to tautoko/support
Te Rūnanga o Kirikiriroa has a diverse range of Youth Services. Through advice and guidance, we walk alongside taiohi and their whānau to enhance their dreams and aspirations. We offer support in education, employment, training, parenting, financial literacy, youth payments, young parent payments, driver licencing, accommodation support.
Youth Transitional Housing
Housing and wrap around support services to whānau 16-24 year olds.
Use contact form
Whai Marama Youth Connex (TA)
- Complete Mental Health Needs Assessment.
- Provide one on one support for young person.
- Support whānau.
- Facilitate groups, complete one on one therapies.
- Support referrals to more appropriate service if required.
Te Whatu Ora Health NZ referral (Southern Waikato Region only)
Whai Marama Youth Services (WMYS)
- Youth Payment, for young people aged 16 or 17 who can’t live with their parents or guardians
- Young Parent Payment, for young people aged 16-19 who are the main caregiver for a child, and
- The NEET (Not in Education, Employment and Training) service, for 16 - 17-year-olds who are either not in education, training or employment, or are at risk of dropping out.
Youth Payment(YP) /Young Parent Payment (YPP)
- Online Applications - Click Here
- Manual Applications - please contact Whaimarama Youth Services on 0800 787 733 to organise a time to collect/ complete an application
- Taiohi can be referred from the Ministry of Education school leavers list
- Manual Referral - please contact Whaimarama Youth Services on 0800 787 733 or email: email@example.com - Name & DOB
If you are unsure speak to one of our youth coaches.
Link to more information: Click Here
Transition to Adulthood (TTA)
- Goal Planning (General, Education, Employment).
- Taiohi & whānau support.
- Long term accommodation support.
- CV creation.
- Sourcing education options.
- Driver licensing support.
- Advocacy support with WINZ.
- Rebuilding relationships with whānau & community.
Referrals can only come through Oranga Tamariki, however, taiohi or their whānau can call our friendly and professional team at the National Contact Centre for Transition Support on 0800 88 59 59 who will check eligibility, and will complete the referral form over the phone if they are eligible for service.
Iti Mapihi Pounamu (IMP)
- Hauora / wellness plans
- Holistic Tikanga approach to taiohi
- Strengthening whānau relationships
- Mātauranga (Whakapapa / Pepeha/ Karakia / Taiao)
Oranga Tamariki Referral Only